Wet Wrap Therapy for Eczema
Wet wrap therapy has been advocated by doctors for 20 years as a safe and effective treatment for childhood eczema. Benefits of wet wrap therapy include a decrease in staph bacteria (staphylococcus aureus) found on the skin, reduced redness, and reduced inflammation. Wet-wrapping rehydrates dry skin, lessens itching, and promotes more restful sleep. The traditional process of wet wrap therapy, however, is confusing and cumbersome, requiring the caregiver to wrap a child head-to-toe with wet and dry gauze or use cotton clothing that becomes rough, baggy, cold and uncomfortable when wet.
AD RescueWear products are a breakthrough for parents, doctors and nurses who struggle with wet wrapping children with eczema. Our ready-made garments greatly reduce the application time involved with wet wrap therapy. The traditional process can take up to one hour with a wiggly child. Our garments can be applied in under two minutes. Please see our wet wrap therapy demonstration to see how easy it is to get relief for your child’s eczema.
Most Important – Children LOVE our Ultra Soft Fabric!
The Wrap-E-Soothe Garments are the only eczema clothing in the world made with skin soothing TENCEL® fabric which has many proven benefits for eczema. Our fabric retains 50% more moisture than cotton for extremely effective wet wrap therapy. The perfect amount of spandex is added to allow for a close fit rather than a baggy, loose and uncomfortable one with cotton.
Wrap-E-Soothe garments are also great worn dry as anti-itch undergarments and as a protection layer to prevent harmful scratching.
Not only is our fabric one of the softest in the world, our garments have other anti-itch features such as flat seams and exterior tags that avoid further irritation that are caused by traditional garments. Our full body suit and pants have enclosed feet and our top and suit have hand covers to treat little eczema hands and prevent scratching. Further, our full body suit has no entry points for scratching. The Wrap-E-Soothe Suit is the only one of its kind in the world and all products have patents pending.
Dry Wrap Therapy for Eczema
Dry wrap therapy for eczema is very effective. It helps to repair the skin barrier through replacing much needed moisture to eczema skin. Dry wrapping works well for mild eczema. Wet Wrap Therapy is helpful if the eczema is stubborn to dry wrapping.
The dry wrap is applied after the “soak and seal” process.
First the child soaks in a lukewarm tub for at least 10 minutes. Note: Never leave your child unattended in a tub of water. Remove the child from the tub after a 10 minute soak and gently pat dry.
Then apply an emollient to the child’s skin. This locks in the moisture while the skin is still plump from the tub. There are many emollients and creams that work well. AD RescueWear recommends Vaniply and all our orders ship with a sample of Vaniply. We have chosen Vaniply because of the feedback we have received from our customers and testers.
Once the emollient is evenly applied, dress the child in comfortable, soft, breathable clothing or the Wrap-E-Soothe products.
Our Wrap-E-Soothe products work great as a dry wrap for eczema. There are several reasons why the Wrap-E-Soothe products work great for dry wrapping.
The Wrap-E-Soothe garments are the only eczema clothing in the world made with skin soothing TENCEL® fabric which has many proven benefits for eczema.
- The Wrap-E-Soothe garments are the only eczema clothing in the world made with skin soothing TENCEL® fabric which has many proven benefits for eczema.
- Children LOVE the Wrap-E-Soothe’s Ultra Soft Fabric. It is one of the softest fabrics in the world and is made from eucalyptus pulp and is eco-friendly.
- Our garments have flat seams. Regular seams can irritate sensitive eczema skin.
- Our garments also have tags on the outside instead of the inside. Inside tags can aggravate already irritated eczema skin. You can cut the tag off of a garment but unless you actually take it out with the thread it will still irritate the child’s inflamed skin.
- Our products also have anti-itch features that help soothe the eczema and prevent further irritation. Our suit and top have hand covers to treat little eczema hands and prevent scratching. The legs on the Wrap-E-Soothe suit and pants have no entry points for scratching. Most regular pajamas have snaps or zippers. Snaps allow children to get their fingers in and scratch. Our products have no entry points for scratching. Zippers are not a good feature for eczema as the zipper teeth can irritate eczema. The zipper on our Wrap-E-Soothe suit has a zipper cover and is fully enclosed so it never touches the child’s skin.
- Our TENCEL®/lyocell fabric is thermo-regulating and when it wicks excess moisture into the inside of the fabric is has a cooling effect on the eczema that soothes the child. This can help the child sleep as studies have found the itching increases at night.
- With our products you can wrap just the affected eczema. If knees or elbows are a problem you can purchase our Wrap-E-Soothe Sleeves to effectively treat the small area. If the child’s trunk has eczema you can purchase just the Wrap-E-Soothe top. For leg eczema you can purchase the Wrap-E-Soothe bottoms. For full body eczema the Wrap-E-Soothe suit is amazing.
With AD RescueWear it’s a Snap to Wrap!
For anti-itch clothing for your child visit https://www.adrescuewear.com/shop/