Eczema in Children is Becoming a Global Epidemic.
Eczema Treatment Clothing Can be the Relief You Need.
Do you have a baby, toddler or child with eczema? Treating infant and toddler eczema can be worrisome for parents when prescription topical drugs with side effects is the protocol.
Eczema clothing can provide relief without the need for topical steroids. Many parents worry about the side effects of topical steroids. Topical steroids and other eczema drugs do have dangerous side effects. Treatments that include emollients and eczema clothing cuts the need for topical drugs with side effects and also gives intense relief to dry, itchy skin. If you are looking for an eczema treatment for infants, babies, toddlers and children that lessens the need for drugs with side effects please see the protocol below.
Wrapping eczema has been a standard treatment for hundreds of years. Before eczema clothing, wrapping included gauze. Many U.S. hospitals wrap eczema including the Mayo Clinic, Boston Children's Hospital, Rady's Eczema Hospital, National Jewish Hospital, Chicago Integrated Eczema Center and the New York School of Medicine just to name a few. Now, specialty medical eczema clothing is used which makes the process quick, easy and extremely effective. Recent research reports and average reduction in eczema symptoms by 75%. This simple eczema treatment can be done in under 2 minutes and reduces inflammation, calms the itch, and repairs the skin barrier. Most parents see a difference in their children's eczema after one treatment. Please follow the steps below for wrapping eczema.
- Give the child a warm bath for 10 minutes pouring water over eczema skin until it is plump and moist.
- Gently towel child or baby dry. Pat skin dry - do not rub.
- Immediately apply an emollient while skin is still damp. Apply liberally - don't skimp. We recommend Vaniply.
- Apply medical eczema garments over the emollient. These garments are designed to soothe the skin during treatment.
- If the eczema is severe, apply the eczema garments damp and apply a dry layer over the damp layer. This process is called wet wrap therapy for eczema. The damp garments over the emollient infuses intense moisture into the dry, cracked eczema resulting in immediate relief and heals the skin barrier and stops the itching. This process may sound crazy but it is performed worldwide at the most reputable hospitals listed above and many more.
- It is important to use medical garments designed for this purpose. These medical garments are meant to be used for wrapping. Do not use synthetics, they do not breath and can cause a risk of infection.
- Please visit www.adrescuewear.com for information on eczema garments for wrapping. Instructional diagram below.