Treatment for Eczema
What is the best eczema treatment? Most individuals or parents do not want to use topical steroids longterm after reading the side effects that go with this powerful drug. Many don't realize there are many ways to control and successfully treat eczema without prescription topical steroids and immune suppressants. Below we have listed the best ways to control, manage and prevent stubborn eczema on babies, children and adults.
The Environmental Factor
It is essential that you control your environment to minimize and manage eczema. Many doctors do not take the time to educate their patients on removing common eczema triggers from their environment. The graphic below will help remove eczema triggers and manage/minimize eczema.
Daily Skin Care
It is a must to have a skin care regimen when you have eczema. The process is simple but the benefits can not be understated. Below is the best way to care for your eczema everyday.
- Take a lukewarm shower or bath
- Apply an eczema emollient
- Cover the emollient with eczema clothing, especially at bedtime
- Wash your bedding regularly with hot water with a free and clear detergent and use the extra rinse cycle
- Purchase eczema sheets
- Consider taking melatonin at bedtime
- Showering or bathing in lukewarm water, applying an emollient liberally and sleeping in anti-itch eczema clothing is essential