How to Successfully Treat Child Eczema.
AD RescueWear Interviews Maryam Malik About Treating Her Child's Eczema.
Please tell us what age your child developed eczema and the symptoms?
My 5 year old developed eczema at around 4 months. He was extremely itchy with red blotchy skin which is often cracked and weepy.
Please discuss your experience with your child’s doctor and other physicians and who was most helpful?
Our most helpful doctors are our allergist and dermatologist. We discovered our son is severely allergic to dairy, egg, nuts, fish, and sesame seeds. Even after these foods were eliminated from his diet his eczema has persisted. His dermatologist has treated the eczema through a strict regimen of topical steroids, lotions, and oral antihistimines.
What is your process of controlling your child’s eczema? Please explain what did and did not work.
- Our child’s eczema is controlled by maintaining a strict
skin care routine which includes the following:
- 100% cotton clothing only washed in detergents that are
fragrance free (Free and Clear). No dryer sheets of any kind.
- No rugs or curtains in our home. We had carpeting removed
and replaced with hardwood.
- 7 minute soak every night followed by steroids, lotions,
Vaseline OR wet wraps in lieu of steroids. Also lotions applied every morning
and throughout the day as needed.
- Any progress made quickly gets reversed with the slightest
exposure to an allergen making his skin so itchy that he cannot resist
scratching it until it’s raw.
- Nobody in our home can wear fragrance of any kind.
- All cleaning supplies need to be fragrance free or we use
vinegar as a staple cleaning product.
- What doesn’t work is skipping baths. Once we skipped his bath
and the next day his skin was in bad shape.
Was wet wrap therapy with the AD RescueWear product/products effective in treating your child’s eczema?
It was effective in reducing the itch and providing comfort.
How did you hear about AD RescueWear Eczema Treatment Clothing?
From my son’s allergist in N.Y.C. – Dr. Paul Ehrlich .
What is your impression of the AD RescueWear website (www.adrescuewear.com)?
It’s user friendly and easy to navigate.
Did you have a positive or negative experience with AD RescueWear Eczema Treatment Clothing?