Choosing facial skin care products can be tough when you suffer from eczema on your face and around your eyes. You may be tempted by the latest super star product but worried about how your skin will react. So, what’s a girl to do? What ingredients should you look for? Dermatologists recommend you choose alcohol, fragrance, and preservative free products as well as ingredients to help strengthen your skin barrier.
Facial skin care tips:
- Wash with warm (not hot) water using an emollient cleanser made for sensitive and eczema skin.
- Gently pat your face dry and immediately apply a serum with lipid building ingredients. Ingredients like Niacinamide (also called Vitamin B3) which boosts ceramide production.
- Follow your serum with a moisturizer containing hyaluronic acid. It will hold moisture against your skin and omega 6 fatty acids which have anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Avene Xera Calm A.D. Lipid Replenishing Cream is a National Eczema Seal of Acceptance product.
- Use multi-tasking products such as a moisturizing sunscreen with a tint of color can camouflage red areas. Regular foundation can settle into dry spots.
- Follow the same cleansing and moisturizing routine at night to remove makeup and keep your skin moisturized.
- Change your pillow case regularly.
Always check ingredients before trying a new product and perform a test patch before using all over your face. If the eczema is really bad around your eyes and face or is worse after trying a product, discontinue any products and see your physician. who will have suggestions for medications to treat the area.
This information is not meant to replace a visit to a physician or a physician’s advice. Always consult your doctor about your medical conditions. AD RescueWear does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment of any condition.