Eczema Thanksgiving - Recent Discoveries that People with Eczema Can be Thankful About
This is a great time of year to reflect on the good things in our lives, and there is a lot to feel grateful for. While reviewing your gratitude list, eczema is probably not what comes to mind. However, in 2015 there have been a lot of advancements to feel hopeful about. Many steps are being moved forward through research and scientific developments, and the future is looking brighter for those who suffer from topical dermatitis.
Here are 11 eczema related advancements to be grateful for:
- 1.The Eczema Treatment Gloves and Vaniply Ointment from AD RescueWear Modern advancements in fabrics and treatments are offering quick relief of hand eczema without topical steroids in these amazing gloves.
- 2.Online Eczema Support Communities One of the wonderful things about today’s world of connectivity is that there are a number of online support communities, groups, and forums available for those affected by Eczema.
- 3.Dr. Richard Aron is Having Great Success Treating Stubborn Eczema in Children Dr. Aron has been able to help children whose lives are completely controlled by eczema. These are children and infants who are not sleeping because of the constant itching and whose bodies are completely inflamed and covered in pus. Dr. Aron’s suggested treatment, however, is having an impact, sometimes in as little as 24 hours!
- 4.Interesting Research: Umbilical Cord Blood May Help Eczema in the Future Scientists may have accidentally found a treatment for both eczema and rheumatoid arthritis. The umbilical cord may just be the solution, specifically the blood of the umbilical cord.
- 5.Study Reveals Gut Bacteria Related to Allergic Diseases The first 7 days of an infant’s life can be critical in determining whether or not that child will develop eczema.
- 6.Tencel® Fabric: Superior for Eczema Sufferers and Wet Wrap Therapy Naturally anti-itch, inhibiting bacteria on the fabric, holding 50% more moisture than cotton, and being one of the softest fabrics available, makes it ideal for wet wrap therapy for eczema.
- 7.Research: High Fat Mass in Newborns Increases Risk for Eczema A new study has shown that neonatal adiposity, aka. fat mass, is linked to an increased risk of eczema development in infants during their first year.
- 8.Arthritis Drug Might be the Answer to Severe, Stubborn Eczema Researchers at Yale School of Medicine have beat previously untreatable eczema with an arthritis drug.
- 9.New “Itch” Gene Prompts Better Eczema Treatment Scientists have discovered a new itch-promoting gene. Researchers at the Buck Institute for Research on Aging and the University of California, Berkeley published a paper last week (June 11, 2015) in the online edition of Neuron, identifying serotonin receptor HTR7 as a key mediator of eczema and other forms of itch. This discovery is suggesting a way forward for powerful new therapies for eczema.
- 10.Eczema and Food Allergies in Children: Early Intervention is Key New research published by researchers at TCD and National University of Ireland Cork have made some exciting links between eczema and food allergies in infants this year.
- 11.Life Changing Eczema Garments from AD RescueWear The AD RescueWear Eczema Garments are used to successfully treat stubborn eczema. The Wrap-E-Soothe products effectively treat mild to severe eczema.
While we are still a long way away from a complete cure for eczema, contemporary advancements have been quite incredible. We are lucky to live in a day and age when there is so much progress being made, with so many more solutions and treatments available. We are sure that these advancements can continue so that you can and your loved ones can continue to live a higher quality of life, with limited eczema discomfort.