The beginning of a new school year is an exciting time! But there can also be a bit of anxiety as your child adjusts from summer break to school. Parents welcome back the structure of a school day but your kids quickly have to change gears. Even though they may look forward to seeing all of their friends again, they may be anxious about who their new teacher is and who will be in their classroom. One thing you hope your child is not worrying about is how to handle eczema this school year. Unfortunately, when things get busy and a bit more stressful than the summer days, eczema can flare up. Being prepared can help to reduce jitters and start the school year off right. Here's an easy eczema back to school checklist.
Eczema Back to School Checklist
- Eczema skin care essentials: Stock up on eczema skin care essentials such as cleanser, emollient, gloves and eczema socks.
- School supplies: Keeping extra gentle cleanser and emollient at school can help prevent cracked hands especially for young children who have to wash hands a lot.
- Clothing: Eczema sleeves either short or longer for older kids worn under shirts or pants can help with daytime scratching.
- Back to School Night: Talk about eczema with your child’s teacher – this is a great guide for starting the school year from the National Eczema Association.
- Food Allergy and Asthma Plan: If your child has food allergies don’t forget to get school forms filled out by your provider. If you’re looking for a lower cost epi-pen check out the generic version carried at Target CVS Pharmacy. It cost us a LOT less this year – yeah!
Wishing you and your kids a great new school year!
Please remember information on our blog is not designed to replace a physician’s advice. Always consult your doctor about your medical conditions. AD RescueWear does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.