Dry wrap therapy for eczema is very effective. It helps to repair the skin barrier through replacing much needed moisture to eczema skin. Dry wrapping works well for mild eczema. Wet Wrap Therapy is helpful if the eczema is stubborn to dry wrapping. Wet Wrap Therapy is the same as Dry Wrap Therapy except you apply damp wraps under the dry wraps.
Don't be overwhelmed - it is actually quite simple especially if you have the right tools.
The dry wrap is applied after the “Soak and Seal” process.
- First the child soaks in a lukewarm tub for at least 10 minutes. Note: Never leave your child unattended in a tub of water. Remove the child from the tub after a 10 minute soak and gently pat dry.
- Then apply an emollient to the child’s skin. We recommend Vaniply. Vaniply is a skin protectant for sensitive skin and a wonderful emollient for eczema. Applying Vaniply immediately following the bath locks in the moisture while the eczema skin is still plump from the tub. There are many emollients and creams that work well. We have chosen Vaniply because of the feedback we have received from our customers, testers and physicians.
- Once the emollient is evenly applied, dress the child in comfortable, soft, breathable clothing or the Wrap-E-Soothe Specialty Medical Undergarments for Eczema.
Our Wrap-E-Soothe products work great as a dry wrap for eczema. There are several reasons why the Wrap-E-Soothe products work great for dry wrapping.
1. The Wrap-E-Soothe garments are the only eczema clothing in the world made with skin soothing TENCEL® fabric which has many proven benefits for eczema.
2. Children LOVE the Wrap-E-Soothe’s Ultra Soft Fabric. It is one of the softest fabrics in the world and is eco-friendly.
3. Our garments have flat seams. Regular seams can irritate sensitive eczema skin.
4. Our garments also have tags on the outside instead of the inside. Inside tags can aggravate already irritated eczema skin. You can cut the tag off of a garment but unless you actually take it out with the thread it will still irritate the child’s inflamed skin.
5. Our products also have anti-itch features that help soothe the eczema and prevent further irritation. Our suit and top have hand covers to treat little eczema hands and prevent scratching. The legs on the Wrap-E-Soothe suit and pants have no entry points for scratching. Most regular pajamas have snaps or zippers. Snaps allow children to get their fingers in and scratch the eczema. Scratching and itching eczema opens the skin and allows bacteria to enter which greatly increases the risk for infection. Our products have no entry points for scratching. Zippers are not a good feature for eczema as the zipper teeth can irritate eczema. The zipper on our Wrap-E-Soothe suit has a zipper cover and is fully enclosed so it never touches the child’s eczema skin.
6. Our TENCEL®/lyocell fabric is thermo-regulating and when it wicks excess moisture into the inside of the fabric is has a cooling effect on the eczema that soothes the child's skin. This can help the child sleep as studies have found the itching increases at night.
7. With our products you can wrap just the affected eczema. If knees or elbows are a problem you can purchase our Wrap-E-Soothe Sleeves to effectively treat the small area. If the child’s trunk has eczema you can purchase just the Wrap-E-Soothe top. For leg eczema you can purchase the Wrap-E-Soothe bottoms. For full body eczema the Wrap-E-Soothe suit is amazing.
8. The Wrap-E-Soothe fabric is Anti-itch which allows for more restful sleep for the entire family. Please watch our video on why our fabric is superior for eczema and sensitive skin.
With AD RescueWear it’s a Snap to Wrap!
For anti-itch clothing for your child visit http://www.adrescuewear.com