Baby diaper rashes are very common. They can be caused from a wide variety of things from chaffing to allergies to new products or foods. The main reason is from stool and urine irritation. Baby skin is 20-30% thinner than children and adults, so it is important to take special care of their diaper rashes early and effectively. Don't wait to treat diaper rash and see tips below for a speedy recovery. Below is also a list of the best diaper rash creams for babies with eczema.
- Always apply diaper cream to a dry bottom.
- Using a warm blowdryer can really help with getting the baby's bottom dry before applying diaper cream.
- Check and change baby diapers often to prevent irritation from stool and urine.
- Wash your hands before and after every diaper change.
- Use baby wipes that are formulated for sensitive skin - see below for our recommendations.
- Consult with your pediatrician about the best care and treatment for your baby.
Best Diaper Rash Creams for Babies with Eczema:
- Ora's is a century old herbal blend prescribed by herbalist and used by grandmothers, mothers, midwives and families. The modern mom will love the relief from this tried and true herbal blend that is zinc, paraben, lanolin, petroleum, fragrance, gluten, synthetic and grain FREE. You can buy Ora's Herbal Diaper Cream here
- Vaniply Ointment is an amazing ointment for sensitive skin and eczema and is also an effective diaper rash cream. Since Vaniply ointment is free from common chemical irritants, fragrances, phosphate, sulfate, gluten, and preservatives, it is a great solution for eczema babies. It is dermatologist recommended and forms a protective film on the skin to help retain water. This product has the National Eczema Association's Seal of Acceptance and has no eczema irritants. This is available in two sizes and is sold atAD RescueWear.com. For more information and to purchase follow this link. ($7.75-$16.95)
- Burt’s Bees Baby Diaper Ointment contains all natural ingredients including almond oil, beeswax, lavender, jojoba, rosemary, and shea butter. These natural ingredients make this product not fragrance-free. It also contains 40% zinc oxide and is free from phthalates, parabens, petrolatum, or SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate). For allergy purposes the Burt’s Bees Diaper Ointment formula has changed in the past two years and now includes lanolin. This ointment is available on Amazon ($8.99)
- Elizabeth Parker’s Baby Eczema Cream is specially formulated cream to treat eczema and soothe diaper rashes. It is made up of natural and organic ingredients including manuka honey, organic aloe vera, cehami, cocoa butter, shea butter, coconut oil, olive oil, and non-GMO hemp seed oil. Again, these ingredients make this product not fragrance-free. It also offers relief with cradle cap, psoriasis, and burns. This item can be purchased on Amazon ($13.21)
- Pampers Aqua Pure Wipes are 99% water and premium cotton. They are the most simple product of Pampers being unscented and hypoallergenic. They do not contain parabens, alcohols, dyes, or fragrances. These can be used for diaper changing, hands, or face. They can be purchased on Amazon here. (6pk-$14.97)
- Kleenex Sensitive Wipes are also a great solution for sensitive skin. It is also made up of 99% water, but adds aloe and vitamin E to cleanse your baby’s skin without chemicals. It is hypoallergenic, fragrance-free, alcohol-free, and has been dermatologically tested. These wipes are not specially designed for diaper wipes but can serve that purpose. Kleenex also offers gentle clean wipes and germ removal wipes depending on your needs. Kleenex Sensitive Wipes can be purchased through Amazon here. (8pk-$14.72)
Please remember information on our blog is not designed or meant to replace a physician’s advice.Always consult your doctor about your medical conditions. AD RescueWear does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.